Wednesday, June 8, 2011

View from the Seats: Red Sox at Yankees

Well this has sucked so far. Armed with main-level seats and Mohegan Sun Sports Bar passes for my dad's birthday, I figured it would be a fun night in the Bronx. But here I sit halfway through the game wondering how this Red Sox team was so bad early in the season and how the Yankees can find some pitching to shore up their rotation.

It's 7-1 and I'm now sitting in Main Section 210. It's cooled off a bit but it's still steamy here in the Bronx. The Yankees bats have been pretty cooled off against Tim Wakefield but the Red Sox continue to pound the Yankees starters.

And, of course, without David Ortiz or any Red Sox hitter getting hit or even brushed back. It's amazing how soft the Yankees are at times in situations like these. AJ Burnett really can't drill Ortiz or Dustin Pedroia? Well, I guess it takes a lot of aim to hit Pedrioa and Burnett has none of that today. Another frustrating night in the Bronx hoping for some cool air and some crooked numbers on the scoreboard in the bottom row. For my dad's birthday, at least.

Happy birthday dad!

-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment